Wednesday 29 June 2011

The Beginning of the End, or The End of the Beginning

My house is officially FOR SALE. The sign was erected in my yard last night. (Yes, I said 'erected'... because it makes me giggle. Coz I'm mature like that..)



I have mixed emotions about the whole process - swinging wildly from excited about the future to scared of the unknown. And of course, the obligatory resentment toward He-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named for causing the drama that has resulted in the need to sell my house.

I love my house.

Because I helped it blossom from an unkempt, ugly duckling into a shiny white swan.

Just over 3 years ago, my kitchen looked like this -



And this is it now --



And the Dining Room went from this --


To this --



And the master bedroom went from this --

To this --

 I know that the Real Estate market isn't very good right now. Infact, if I had a dollar for every person who told me that 'it's not the right time to sell', I wouldn't have to worry about the house selling because I would be rich and I could buy a tropical island on which I would live instead.. But it's time for the beginning of the end, or the end of the beginning, or something equally as philosophical.

The first Open Inspection is this Saturday - so please all cross your fingers for a fast, easy, painfree sale.

I'll let you all know how it goes.

xx

1 comment:

  1. Don't worry about what other people say - your house is awesome & I'm sure it will go well :)

    Don't feel sad - we can make your new home even PRETTIER!!!! (and utilise the amazing pictures from One of Your Older Posts in your new place!!! :P)

    xox

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...