Sunday 23 October 2011

The Cupcake Lady

I went to my very first cupcake decorating course during the week.

Until now, my cupcake making and decorating has been entirely self-taught, but I thought it was about time I learnt some actual skills from someone who knows what they're talking about!


The workshop I attended was Working with Fondant, which I've never done before. I waltzed in thinking 'surely it's not all the different to playing with play dough?'

Well... kind of.

We were each given 8 plain cupcakes and taught how to prep them for fondant with a buttercream base and shown how to roll out the fondant to create the surface on which the designs would be created.

Five hours later I smelt like a cupcake and had produced 8 little works of art.



The Cupcake Lady had 6 designs for each of us to copy, plus we were enouraged to bring along our own designs to create.

My designs were the ice-cream sundae and the little duck.

I really enjoyed unleashing my inner creative cupcake designer. I only wish I had more time to indulge in such fun more often.

I may even go back in December to do the course again. Surely The Cupcake Lady has more tricks to show me?

xx

1 comment:

  1. andie - these are absolutely flipping amazing - they don't even look real! so professional. you are awesome. union friday night??? see you there!!! x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...