Wednesday 15 February 2012

Strawberry Valentine

The guy at the bottleshop judged me when I walked up to the counter with a bottle of baileys, a bottle of butterscotch liqueur and a bottle of strawberry cowgirl smoothie mix..

Yes, I was in my gym clothes, so I probably looked a little odd, but I didn't need his commentary. Why can't check out people just do their job without trying to be a comedian?!

Little did he know, these bottles of alcoholic, milky goodness are the key ingredients in a variety of delicious icings!

For Valentine's Day, I thought it only appropriate to make pretty pink cupcakes, sprinkled with hearts and love and sunshine and rainbows!

vanilla cupcakes with strawberry frosting >> STARTS WITH CUPCAKES
Vanilla Cupcakes with Strawberry Frosting

The cakes were vanilla. And while they were light and fluffy, the true hero was the strawberry flavoured frosting.

Here's how -
270g butter, softened
4 1/2 cups icing sugar (hey - no one said these were healthy...)
4 tbsp strawberry milkshake flavoured liqueur

Beat the butter; gradually add icing sugar and strawberry liquid, alternating until all combined.


They were delicious!

And yes, I shared them. With my lovely housemates and Miss Emma who joined us for some V Day celebrations.

Much love. 

**MWAH**

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...