Monday 3 September 2012

That's a PINSTROSITY

I have found a new way to waste time on the interwebs...

It's a funny little blog called Pinstrosity.

The general idea? Photos and stories from people who have tried to recreate something they saw on Pinterest.. which has gone terribly wrong.


pin·stros·i·ty \pin-ˈsträ-sə-tē\: a pin of great and often frightening size, force, or complexity. 


Here's a sample from the website and one of my personal favourites...

Cake Fail - Pinstrosity-Style
Pinned here




Of course, there are also stories of 'Pin Wins' - Celebrating the success of a Pinterest Project. But these are not nearly as entertaining as the Pinstrosity's.

[For a Pin Win of her very own, see Miss Jodie's Kit Kat cake here]


Over the weekend, I attempted my very own Pinterest Projects - 


Claiming to save you energy and time, this Pin told me to use vinegar as a cleaning product.


[This is not my microwave]

And the results ?

Well... it worked. It took 15 minutes on high, but my microwave looks just like new. WOOHOO!


My second weekend Pinterest Project involved Eggs, Oil and Mayo.

And I wasn't making some weird concoction for lunch.. I put it in my hair.

Apparently "Rich in proteins, vitamins and super- nurturing fatty acids, egg yolks won’t only make your hair softer, shinier and healthier but help you to grow it long as well."

I had to give it a go. Since I have been lightening my hair, I have been really conscious about it drying out and becoming brittle, so I'm willing to give it any chance to stay strong and healthy.

However, I'm not convinced... I made an absolute MESS in the bathroom and I seriously can't see any considerable changes (unlike the many people who have reviewed this treatment and claim their hair was instantly softer and shinier). I wouldn't call this a Pinstrocity.. but it was definitely not a Pin Win!

xx

1 comment:

  1. Lololol Glad to hear the vinegar in the microwave worked. Will do that very soon!!

    And couldn't help but laugh re the eggs etc in your hair. I have tried several beauty 'tips' from Pinterest & they've been rubbish.
    Just buy some Goldwell Kerasilk Treatment instead babe xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...