Thursday 28 March 2013

A Comforting Tradition

I like traditions.

I am a creature of habit. I've decided that it's in my DNA.

I especially cling to plans and schedules in times of stress. 
(Sometimes I wonder how I would adjust if I met someone new and had to fit them into my life.. but that's another blogpost for another time)

At the moment I am experiencing heightened stress due to changes at work; So I've started a new tradition at home - The Sunday Morning Breakfast.

It started with waffles with my new waffle machine; Then it was almond meal pancakes; and now - 

Blueberry Pancake Bites

blueberry pancake bites >> STARTS WITH CUPCAKES


Ingredients

4 eggs, room temperature

1 cup coconut milk

2 teaspoons vanilla extract

1 tablespoon agave nectar
1/2 cup coconut flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
coconut oil frying


Directions
  1. Preheat griddle over medium-low heat. In a small bowl beat eggs until frothy, about two minutes. Mix in milk, vanilla, agave.
  2. In a medium-sized bowl combine coconut flour, baking soda, and sea salt and whisk together. Stir wet mixture into dry until coconut flour is incorporated.
  3. Grease pan with coconut oil. Ladle a tablespoons of batter into pan for each pancake (larger pancakes were too difficult to flip and created a mess in the pan..) Spread batter out slightly with the back of a spoon. Cook for a few minutes on each side, until the bottoms start to brown. 
  4. Serve hot with agave and/or fruit.

I ate some of these for breakfast on Sunday morning; but these little pancake bites have been the perfect morning or afternoon tea to take to work.
And my co-workers ?  All jealous!

xx

1 comment:

  1. 3 Studies SHOW Why Coconut Oil Kills Waist Fat.

    This means that you literally get rid of fat by consuming Coconut Fat (in addition to coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

    These 3 studies from major medical magazines are sure to turn the conventional nutrition world around!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...