Sunday 17 March 2013

Market Fresh

Adelaide Central Markets


The Adelaide Central Markets.

Such a vibrant place to go on a Saturday morning.

Selecting fresh produce from the various stalls is much more satisfying than the hurried experience within a supermarket.

I will admit that I did get carried away.. Perhaps a shopping list will keep me on track next time? But with so much variety it was easy for my eyes to be greedy.

My favourite find? The superfood that is kale.

See that leafy green in the left side of my basket ? It looks like spinach, but is touted for being nutritionally dense - full of vitamins and fibre. 

I've been keen to try it for a while.

Tonight I served it as 'chips' with my roast lamb for dinner.

And the best part ? It's super easy to prepare.

Cut the leaves off the stalk, place on baking tray, spray with olive oil, sprinkle with salt, and pop into the oven for 10mins.


Market Love = A simple, yet rewarding affair.

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...