Wednesday 4 December 2013

back to baking

I don't remember the last time I went to the kitchen to make something fun.

The last few weeks have been a blur of take away and raw foods, so actual cooking has not happened for longer than I care to admit. And don't even question me on the last time I baked.

Last night, inspired by the latest Donna Hay magazine, I decided to turn on the oven and end the food drought.

Ta-Dah!!

 turkey and cranberry sausage rolls >> STARTS WITH CUPCAKES
Turkey & Cranberry Sausage Rolls
A delicious snack, meal or if you're weird like me, breakfast.

Off the top of my head, the recipe looked something like this - 

500g Turkey Mince
2 pieces puff pastry, cut in halves to create 4 pieces (good math Andie..)
1/4 cup cranberry sauce
2 Tbsp sage
2 tsp Dijon mustard
1 onion, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic
1 egg
Sesame seeds, for sprinkling

The recipe also called for prosciutto, but my Coles didn't have any in stock.

In summary - 
Lightly brown the onion & garlic in a pan, then allow to cool
In a bowl, mix turkey, cranberry sauce, Dijon, sage
Stir in onion/garlic mix
Roll mince mix into pastry, cut into bite size pieces, brush with beaten egg, sprinkle sesame seeds, put in oven.

They are good.

Even better served with cranberry sauce.

Next time, I'm going to add real cranberries to the mix. 
And maybe some Camembert cheese....


If I was the Entertaining type, these would be an absolute crowd pleaser at a party.

Or you can just eat them for breakfast, like me!

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...