Monday 16 December 2013

intruder alert

I find it ironic that at a time when I am working on building a strong emotional, spiritual and physical foundation for my future, someone from my past pops up out of nowhere.

It's particularly amusing since one of my recent posts exposed The Drama Llama, so now more than ever, I am aware of the affect dramatisation can have on a situation.


The way to take the drama out of a story is to speak only of the facts - 

My marriage ended over 2.5 years ago;
Today I received a text from my ex;
I haven't heard from him in over a year;
My car needs a service; 
My car service people really need to update their records.

If this were any other situation, or person involved, I would make inappropriate comments about "car servicing"...

But in this case, I am mostly confused. 

Why would he think that 
a. I didn't already know that; and 
b. I needed him to remind me, especially when he was never very good at those kinds of things when we were married?!

Anyway.. over-analysing aside, this was a good time for me to remind myself that 
It. Doesn't. Matter.

I don't have to reply. I don't have to think about it. I don't have to engage.

And with a HUGE breath, I am empowered.

My past has no place in my future.

It is my story, but it doesn't define me.


xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...