Monday 2 December 2013

perfection

Several  months ago I read an article HERE which told me I was suffering from PERFECTIONISM.

It's a label I am familiar with.. But this particular article suggested this trait might inhibit my ability to progress in life.

It's somewhat ironic, because in a professional sense, perfectionism is applauded. 
Attention to Detail - Check
Ability to adhere to deadlines - Check

But on a personal level, it can be debilitating.

According to the article, I "stay stuck because you keep telling yourself that you have to wait until things are perfect before you move forward."

Hmm... a heavy concept.

But likely true.

So what's this perfectionist girl to do?!

Apparently, I need to "identify the area(s) in my life where I stay stuck because I keep telling myself that you have to wait until things are perfect before you move forward."

The concept of perfectionism, is just one of many traits which I have come to believe define me. 


Without perfectionism - Who am I?!

But recently, I have come to question - Why am I letting something which has the ability to paralyse me play such an integral role in my life?

I can be 'me' anyway I choose.

And I am so much more than this one trait.

Which is why this poster has struck such a chord with me - 

I think I need it.


Available HERE


xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...