Tuesday 1 April 2014

why i read my horoscope daily

I think horoscopes are one of those things that you're either into, or you're not.

Much like sports, or animals, or tequila, they are either part of your life, or you have zero interest.

I like them.

I like that it's referred to as the 'Science of the Stars'

I like having the option to blame my crappy day on unfortunate planetary alignment

I like to believe in fate rather than coincidence

I like the concept of a crystal ball foreseeing my future

I like that for one moment, in a world where I like to be truly certain and always know the answer to the question before I ask it, I can put my faith in the complete unknown.

Don't get me wrong - I don't necessarily believe my horoscope 100% of the time.

I just like the idea.

OK, let's be honest - I like the idea today.

I like that my mind has the power to turn a vague generalisation into a wild possibility

Because today, I am told - 

You can't just do what you have always done. Well, you can - there is no law against it. But if you want to grow, to explore, to discover, to awaken your potential and to embrace all the marvellous opportunities life has to offer you, that may first require learning to look at the past with fresh eyes. It may also be necessary to find a willingness to innovate. The familiar is always reassuring. The new is always scary. Summon your courage and step into the unknown today. The time will soon be right for a brave move. 

________________________________________


Today, I like that optimism. That opportunity. That glimmer of hope that if I take a leap of faith, everything will be OK.


xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...