Thursday 16 October 2014

speechless

Getting to know someone is like navigating a maze - alternating between skipping forward with excitement; and peaking cautiously around corners because you're just not sure what might be revealed.

Memories are shared; Stories are unraveled; Smiles light faces.

What I am learning is that asking me certain questions may yield undesirable results.




Is it expecting me to choose between brunch or dessert? No. Although.. this is exactly like asking a mother to choose which of her children she would rescue from a burning building.
If you happen to think that anything swimming in melted chocolate (ie crepes, waffles, pancakes) is suitable for either time of day - we will get along just fine :)

Is it about what I do for a job? Not at all. Let's chat.

Is it asking about my previous relationships? Nope. I am totally OK with laying it all on the table, as long as you're willing to do the same.


The questions I am struggling to answer in any kind of small-talk fashion are -

W H A T   M O V I E S   D O   I   L I K E ?

W H A T   M U S I C   D O   I   L I S T E N   T O ?

W H A T   K I N D   O F   B O O K S   D O   I   R E A D ?

Hey, you know what? If you want to kill the conversation a little faster, here's my tip :
Ask me -

C A N   Y O U   B E L I E V E   T H I S   W E A T H E R ?

Why??

Well, firstly - Getting to know someone is so much more than interrogation;
And secondly - for some reason, these questions render me speechless.

I just can't seem to give a reasonable answer to these questions that doesn't take five years of explanation; or have me come across as a trashy reality-tv-watching, pop-music-loving, teenager-at-heart, who (as a matter of fact) cannot believe this weather.


xx

1 comment:

  1. fuck (am i allowed to swear here? good x) you are good with your words. love this (even though this post isnt about love, its a about serious angst) but i love it, and you bella xxx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...