Monday 27 April 2015

i've been baking; i've been baking

I was in my new place for over 2 months before I even tried to turn my oven on.

It didn't work...

Thankfully, I was only trying to bake a potato for my dinner, so I thought the fact that this highlighted my lack of cooking/baking was hilarious.

Everyone else in my life was in shock - 
"But you're a baker! How did you not know?!"
"I thought that the oven would have been the first thing you checked when you moved in?!"
"What have you been eating?!"

First of all - 
Somewhere in the last 6-10 months, I lost my baking mojo.

Second - 
My diet is a healthy combination of Ben & Jerry's; and leftovers from dinner at my dad's house. Thanks for asking.

In any case - 
The oven now works. 
And in the past month I have even made a couple of cakes.

i've been baking - Carrot Cake >> Starts with Cupcakes
Carrot Cake



C A R R O T   C A K E

1¼ cups (220g) brown sugar
¾ cup (185ml) vegetable oil
3 eggs
1½ cups (225g) plain plain flour
1½ teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon bicarb soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
½ teaspoon ground ginger
2½ cups grated carrot (about 5 carrots)
½ cup (60g) chopped walnuts

Preheat oven to 180°C.
Place the sugar and oil in the bowl of an electric mixer and beat for 2–3 minutes.
Add the eggs gradually and beat well.
Sift the flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, cinnamon and ginger over the sugar mixture.
Add the carrot and walnuts; and mix until just combined.

Pour into a greased cake tin lined with non-stick baking paper and bake for 55–60 minutes or until cooked when tested with a skewer. Cool in tin.
Frost.


xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...