Sunday 3 May 2015

let's jump

I'm not sure of the exact date and time; but somewhere between believing in the tooth fairy and falling head over heels in love with Zac from Hanson, I became very serious about life. I quietly packed my imagination into a box and stored in securely on a shelf in my mind. The days of make believe quickly became a thing of the past. I decided being cool or 'grown up' was more important than having fun. And I began to do (or not do) things based on what everyone else thought of me. (Let's blame my mad crush on Zac Hanson on this very theory). 


 I   S T O P P E D   B O U N C I N G   O N   T R A M P O L I N E S


And doing cartwheels.

And running through sprinklers.

And rolling down grassy hills.

I lost my sense of child-like wonder.

At some stage - Everyone does.

I don't believe this is just a by-product of growing up. 

George Bernard Shaw said it best - 

We don't stop playing because we grow old;
We grow old because we stop playing.
-- George Bernard Shaw

How disappointing that in our society to be playful is considered 'childish';
and how heartbreaking that for an adult to exhibit playful behaviour results in judgement from others.

Rather than search outdoor furniture and courtyard inspiration since moving into my new place; 
I've been trawling gumtree for a trampoline.

I have decided to play again. 
To defy others' judgement; 
And find my inner-child full of energy and excitement.

Also - who doesn't love lying on a trampoline on a clear night and looking up at the stars?!

It's about mindfulness. 
Living in the moment. 
Unleashing fun. 
Let's bring back our childlike wonder.
You should be allowed to jump if you want to.




xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...