Monday 17 August 2015

colour me pretty


 Picture this...

T H E  T I M E
Sunday afternoon.

T H E   L O C A T I O N
My lounge room;
Sun streaming through my window.

T H E  S E T T I N G
Me, on my couch, under a blanket;
Music on;
A pot of textas by my side;
And a colouring book in my lap.

T H E   A C T I V I T Y
Colouring In.

T H E   J U S T I F I C A T I O N
Experts say it generates wellness, quietness
and also stimulates brain areas related to motor skills, the senses and creativity.

T H E   P S Y C H O L O G Y
(aka the 'super official justification'
that brings back all kinds of memories of first year uni and Psychology 101)
"The action involves both logic, by which we colour forms, and creativity, when mixing and matching colours. This incorporates the areas of the cerebral cortex involved in vision and fine motor skills [coordination necessary to make small, precise movements]. The relaxation that it provides lowers the activity of the amygdala, a basic part of our brain involved in controlling emotion that is affected by stress" says psychologist Gloria Martínez Ayala

T H E  O U T C O M E
Total Bliss.


ADULT COLORING :: colour me pretty >> STARTS WITH CUPCAKES


* * *


I feel in every girl there lives a spirit,
a wild pixie,
that if let go, would run and dance in grassy fields
until the end of the world.

And when that girl grows up, that pixie hides,
but it's always there,
peeking out behind old eyes and reading glasses,
laughing..
waiting..
to one day dance again.

                                          -- source unknown


V E R D I C T
Connect with your inner-child again.
Colouring just got cool.



xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...