Tuesday 14 January 2014

please do not feed the drama llama

The benefits (or downfall, depending on how you look at it) of being a baker, means that I can literally feed my emotional eating needs when required.

Without engaging my inner Drama Llama, I can tell you that sometimes the truth hurts.

But what hurts more is fighting my truth. And, let me tell you, it also takes a huge amount of energy.

To fight the truth is to fight a losing battle.

Feeling defeated over the weekend, I embraced my baking skills and made these delicious cookies.


white choc butterscotch cookies >> STARTS WITH CUPCAKES
White Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough

White Chocolate Butterscotch Cookies

1 cup brown sugar
½ cup butter, softened
½ cup vegetable oil
2 eggs
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla
3 cups plain flour
½ bag caramel choc chips
½ bag white choc chips
Also - 1 tsp baking powder, ½ tsp almond extract, 1 tsp salt – if you have them in the cupboard… I didn’t!


In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar
Add 1 egg at a time
Mix in oil and vanilla
In a separate bowl – combined flour and baking soda
Slowly add dry ingredients to the original bowl
When combined, add choc chips
Bake at 180C for 7-10 minutes 

white choc butterscotch cookies >> STARTS WITH CUPCAKES
White Chocolate Butterscotch Cookies

And you know what?

Life isn't so bad with a cookie and a cup of tea.


xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...